Thursday, February 14, 2008

You've Been Reduced to the Game with Sex Mini-Games


The first God of War was pure gaming delight. It took some mythological origins and forged a compelling narrative around a new character who can be placed in the pantheon of greek myth. It told this story through engaging game play and artistic flair while single-handedly normalizing the quick-time-event. Now we have further proof, after God of War 2 felt like more of the same, that the developers have run out of ideas, as the first footage of the game since the demo was released is what has become a series staple: the "sex mini-game." I wonder why Fox hasn't jumped all over this yet?


Yes, the first time I encountered the menage-a-trois in the original, I was mildly amused by the offscreen debauchery. It felt forced into the second game, more of an obligation to the first game, but now that it's confirmed for the PSP version, the series has hit a low point. If this game has nothing new to add to the series, and since it's missing a second analog stick, I'll be skipping this one and looking forward to the PS3 version and the end of the story. In the mean time, I guess this means we still not maturing in terms of sex and intimacy in our games, are we?

No comments: