Thursday, May 17, 2007

Gamers Day: E3, only all over the country

I believe May 9th was the one year anniversary since the last, by which I mean final, E3. It was the only one I was able to go, demoing our Nickelodeon titles to the press and anyone who was passing by. While it was a blast, it was murder on the feet. I won't say that I'll miss it except for meeting people from other companies but I guess that is what other conventions are for.

However, looking back over the news the last couple of weeks and I seem to see a trend. While there was not one single location for publishers to make announcements and show off their products, there seems to be the rise of the 'Gamers Day.' Publishers, such as Sony, EA, Microsoft, SquareEnix, Sega and Capcom, were hosting events in there corners of the globe. It's as if everyone decided that now is the best time of the year to announce and demo something, E3 or not.

My only problem with this is that it seems that after these events and then whatever money is spent on the Min-E3 and E for All Expo events, that it would be somewhat equivalent to one E3. I could be way wrong, but it seems silly. At least from a journalists perspective, it would save them from having to travel all over the country to get the latest scoops.

No comments: