Monday, June 18, 2007

Thoughts of a Casual Gamer


By casual, I mean a) my wife and b) she only likes Tetris and Mario Kart. The commercial for Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree has been playing quite a bit on TV. After seeing it, her revelation went as follows.
'That looked boring.'
The Nintendo marketing machine has been awesome over the last couple of years as proven by the success of the DS and now the Wii. They seemed to have become complacent since this spot inspired my wife's reaction, who I believe is in the Wii target demographic. There's a lot of standing around and stiff pointing despite the tag line of giving your family a 'degree in fun.' I'm just not seeing it. I think those who are writing the reviews are not getting it either.

2 comments:

Russell Brock said...

Hey! I'd probably still play it!

Anida said...

Opps! I was logged in as you!